Wollemi National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Coorongooba campground.
Getting there and parking
Coorongooba campground is in the western section of Wollemi National Park. To get there:
- Turn off the Castlereagh Highway at Capertee and travel east for 35km
- Turn left 1km before Glen Davis village at Goora Street
- Turn right at Nioka Street and follow the signs to the park
- Depending on the water level, you may need a 4WD to cross the Capertee river or its a short walk from the crossing to the campground
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Coorongooba campground can become boggy when it rains.
- This campground is accessed via a causeway which may be unpassable after heavy rain.
- Unsealed roads
- Most roads suitable for 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Coorongooba campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Wollemi National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
With its softer light, autumn is the perfect time of year to head out to photograph or paint Wollemi's extraordinary landscapes.
With the temperature warming up, dig out the canoe and head to picturesque Ganguddy (Dunns swamp) for a cruise along the waterways.
Escape the heat and join an illuminating tour of the Glow Worm tunnel.
- Water is not available at this campground. If you take water from the creeks in the park, remember to treat or boil it.
- Please take all garbage with you when you leave
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Firewood is not supplied and may not be collected in the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.