Big River campground
Goulburn River National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Big River campground.
Getting there and parking
Big River campground is in the central precinct of Goulburn River National Park. To get there:
- From Wollar, follow Barigan Street north.
- Turn right into Mogo Road and continue to the start of Spring Gully Road
- Follow Spring Gully Road which becomes Big River Road to the campground
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Big River campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Big River campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Goulburn River National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Is there anything more relaxing than sitting around the campfire with family and friends? Autumn is a great time of year to visit Spring Gully campground.
With the many natives blooming – callistemons, acacias and eucalypts among them – this is the best time to observe the plant and wildlife the park attracts.
With the temperatures at their warmest, head to the river for swimming and liloing.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 30°C
3°C and 17°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Rubbish bins are not provided, so please take rubbish with you when you leave.
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Firewood is not provided, so please bring your own supply.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.