Bents Basin campground
Bents Basin State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Bents Basin campground.
Getting there and parking
Bents Basin campground is in the central precinct of Bents Basin State Conservation Area. To get there:
- From The Northern Road, take Greendale Road west at Bringelly
- Turn left into Wolstenholme Avenue and continue to the park entrance. Please note, access is via Wolstenholme Avenue only.
- Continue through the park entrance and follow the signs to the campground.
The entry gate to the campground on Wolstenholme Ave is locked daily from 5pm (May to September) or 8pm (October to April).
You'll get a gate code after you book, to enter/exit the campground when the gates are closed. Note down the code before you leave home because mobile phone reception is limited. If you did not receive the gate code after booking, contact 13000 72757.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
2 vehicles are permitted per booking. In most cases, you can park immediately next to your tent, trailer or caravan. There are also marked parking spaces where camping is a short distance from your vehicle (less than a 20m walk from car to camping area). Near the amenities block, you’ll find a carpark with 15 spaces and another with 5 to 6 places (a 30m walk from carpark to amenities block).
Best times to visit
Bents Basin State Conservation Area is a great place to visit all year round. Head to the park for a camping weekend in spring, a weekend picnic in the winter sun or a sunny summer day for lots of water activities.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 29°C
3°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Camping is only permitted in designated camping areas. Campsites are unmarked and suitable for motorhomes, caravans, camper trailers, campervans and tents.
- The campground can fit 250 campers.
- Campsites have no power.
- There's a commercial style camp kitchen available for hire. Please book online. It includes a stove, double refrigerator, sink and hot water facilities.
- A large picnic shelter for functions up to 50 people is also available for hire. There are power points and lighting.
- We encourage you to take your rubbish with you, but there are some rubbish bins available.
- Flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
An emergency telephone is located at the amenities block in the campground. It is pre-programmed with emergency contacts. There is no mobile reception at the campground however some reception is available near the entry gate on Wolstenholme Ave.
- Hot showers
The camp area is unpowered however there are power points in the amenities block for hairdryers and shavers, and also in the hire camp kitchen and shelter.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This campground is fully wheelchair accessible. The amenities block features dedicated disabled facilities fitted with a disabled keying. Before you arrive, contact the Scheyville office on 02 4572 3100 to get access.
This campground is generally flat and grassy. A paved path leads gently uphill from closest parking and camping area to amenities block (about 50m).
Chemical toilets are permitted but don't empty them in the national park.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Campfires are permitted in the shared wood barbecues and fire rings throughout the campground. You can bring your own fuel stove, gas/coal barbecue or firepit but it must be elevated off the ground.
You can use heat beads, charcoal and briquettes but you must discard them in heat bead bins when you're finished.
Amplified music is not permitted. For the benefit of all campers, please keep any noise down and stop by 10pm.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Bents Basin State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds region
Bents Basin State Conservation Area opens at 8am and closes at 5pm (8pm during daylight savings). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines that accept both coin and card.Buy annual pass