Bents Basin campground
Bents Basin State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Bents Basin campground.
Getting there and parking
Bents Basin campground is in the central precinct of Bents Basin State Conservation Area. To get there:
- From The Northern Road, take Greendale Road west at Bringelly
- Turn left into Wolstenholme Avenue and continue to the park entrance. Please note, access is via Wolstenholme Avenue only.
- Continue through the park entrance and follow the signs to the campground.
The entry gate to the campground on Wolstenholme Ave is locked daily from 5pm (May to September) or 8pm (October to April).
Gate codes will be provided in booking confirmations for campers to enter/exit the campground when the gates are closed. If you have not received your gate code, contact 13000 72757 before setting out.
Please make note of the gate code before travelling to the area as there is limited mobile reception. Call (02) 8579 0609 if you experience any issues with your gate code outside of office hours.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
In most cases, you can park immediately next to your tent, trailer or caravan. There are also marked parking spaces where camping is a short distance from your vehicle (less than a 20m walk from car to camping area). Near the amenities block, you’ll find a carpark with 15 spaces and another with 5 to 6 places (a 30m walk from carpark to amenities block). Two vehicles are permitted per booking.
Best times to visit
Bents Basin State Conservation Area is a great place to visit all year round. Head to the park for a camping weekend in spring, a weekend picnic in the winter sun or a sunny summer day for lots of water activities.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 29°C
3°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Camping is only permitted in designated camping areas. Campsites are unmarked and suitable for motorhomes, caravans, camper trailers, campervans and tents.
- There is no power available.
- The campground has maximum capacity of 300 campers.
- There's a commercial style camp kitchen available for hire. Please book online. It includes a stove, double refrigerator, sink and hot water facilities.
- A large picnic shelter for functions up to 50 people is also available for hire. There are power points and lighting.
- We encourage you to take your rubbish with you, however there are some rubbish bins available in the campground.
- Flush toilets
You can bring your own fuel stove. You can buy firewood from the office at the campground in 20kg bags.
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
An emergency telephone is located at the amenities block in the campground. It is pre-programmed with emergency contacts. There is no mobile reception at the campground however some reception is available near the entry gate on Wolstenholme Ave.
- Hot showers
The camp area is unpowered however there are power points in the amenities block for hairdryers and shavers, and also in the hire camp kitchen and shelter.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This area is fully wheelchair-accessible.
- The campground’s amenities block features dedicated disabled facilities fitted with a disabled keying. Before your arrival, contact the NPWS Windsor Office on (02) 4572 3100 for access.
- This campground is generally flat and grassy. A paved path leads gently uphill from closest parking and camping area to amenities block (about 50m).
Chemical toilets are permitted but are not to be emptied on site.
Amplified music is not permitted. For the benefit of others, noise should be kept to a minimum and stop by 10pm.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Bents Basin State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds region
The park gates open at 9am all year round and close at 5pm (May to Sept) and 8pm (Oct to Apr). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines that accept both coin and card.Buy an annual pass.
- Scheyville office
02 4572 3100
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- Scheyville National Park, Scheyville Road, Scheyville NSW 2765
- Email: email@example.com
- Scheyville office