Bendethera Valley campground
Deua National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bendethera Valley campground.
Getting there and parking
Bendethera Valley campground is in the southern precinct of Deua National Park.
To get there from the east (nearest town, Moruya):
- Take Western Boundary Road turnoff from Princes Highway (south of Moruya).
- Turn left onto Little Sugarloaf Road
- Follow Bendethera fire trail
To get there from the west (nearest town, Braidwood):
- Take Middle Mountain Road (via Krawarree Road) and Minuma Range fire trail.
- Turn onto Dampier Mountain fire trail
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Bendethera Valley campground can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Bendethera Valley campground
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Deua National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
This season is the best time for wildflowers in the park and for birdwatching.
This is the season for swimming and floating on a lilo down the Shoalhaven and Deua rivers. See if you can spot an eastern water dragon sharing the river with you along the way.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15.7°C and 23.5°C
6.5°C and 16.7°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Drinking water is not available at this park.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)