Ben Halls campground
Weddin Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Ben Halls campground.
Getting there and parking
Ben Halls campground is on the western side of Weddin Mountain National Park. To get there:
- Travel 5.5km west along the Mid-Western Highway towards West Wyalong, then turn left onto Back Piney Range Road, following the signs to Weddin Mountains National Park.
- Follow the road around for 23km and then turn left onto the park entrance road over the grid
- Go through the State Forest and then turn left and then right into Ben Halls campground
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Ben Halls campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Weddin Mountains National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Cooler days make it an ideal time to undertake some of the longer walks. It's also a good time to wander around Seaton's Farm to investigate and compare machinery used back then to what we have today.
A great time to see the wildflowers that blanket much of the ground. Venture up to the lookouts to see the sprawling surrounding farming country.
Enjoy a free barbecue at Ben Hall's campground.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
30°C and 33°C
12°C and 15°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This area is fully wheelchair-accessible. Toilets are wheelchair-friendly.