Washpool National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bellbird campground.
Getting there and parking
Washpool National Park is located off the Gwydir Highway between Grafton and Glen Innes.
To get to Bellbird campground:
- Take the Gwydir Highway, 75km from Glen Innes or 85km Grafton.
- Take the Coachwood Drive turn off and follow to Bellbird campground
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Bellbird campground
Best times to visit
Washpool National Park offers an exceptional visit all year round. You're sure to find a walk, tour, activity or attraction to appeal, regardless of the season. Here are some of the highlights.
Autumn offers good weather for exploring the park during the day and is cool enough during the evenings to sit by the campfire.
Mid-spring is a fantastic time to head out on the inspiring World Heritage walk. The temperature is perfect and the heathlands, swamps and woodlands erupt in a colourful display of wildflowers including the striking Gibraltar waratah.
Enjoy the shade of the rainforest with a picnic and walk, and then cool off with a dip in Coombajdha creek's natural pool.
The coldest time of the year means that you may likely have the park to yourself – enjoy the solitude.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
14°C and 26°C
2°C and 15°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Tank water is available at this campground but it should be boiled or treated before drinking
- Visitors are encouraged to use gas or liquid fuel stoves for camping, especially in summer during the fire season
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (firewood supplied)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area
- in Washpool National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Washpool National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies only at attractions in the Glen Innes area. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring the correct change and display your receipt.Buy annual pass