Murray Valley Regional Park
Campground booking required
You will need to plan ahead and make a booking if you'd like to stay at this campground.
Enjoy all that the Murray river has to offer when you stay at one of the 6 campgrounds in the Barooga area of Murray Valley Regional Park. With beautiful sandy beaches these campgrounds are an ideal spot to set up camp and relax close to town.
Barooga campgrounds are split by the Barooga-Cobram Road. In one section, known by the locals as Wattle Tree/Paradise, there are 2 campgrounds. In the other section, known by the locals as ‘Big Bush’, there are 4 campgrounds. You can choose to camp at any of these locations when you arrive:
- Wattle Tree Beach
- Paradise Beach
- Town Beach (Big Bush)
- Micks Beach (Big Bush)
- Dunns Beach (Big Bush)
- 1904 Beach (Big Bush)
There are no camping fees but a $6 booking fee applies. Bookings are required. Book online or call 1300 072 757.
- Campfires are permitted between April and September.
- Collection of deadfall timber is permitted for small campfires only.
- Dogs and domestic pets are permitted everywhere in Murray Valley Regional Park, but they are prohibited in Murray Valley National Park. You can walk and camp with your dog in Murray Valley Regional Park however you will need to keep them on a leash at all times and remember to pick up after them.
You can’t remove firewood from the park. Chainsaws are not permitted.
Vehicle access and road quality
All roads within the Barooga area are unsealed. 4WD vehicles recommended when wet. Campervans/RVs are permitted in all Barooga campgrounds.
How to get there
There are 2 separate areas of Barooga campgrounds. To get to Wattle Tree/Paradise:
- From Barooga follow the Barooga-Cobram Road towards the bridge into Cobram.
- At the beginning of the Causeway, at the ‘Farewell from Barooga’ sign turn left onto the dirt road.
- Follow the unsealed road into the reserve and choose from 2 of the campgrounds.
To get to ‘Big Bush’:
- From Barooga follow the Barooga-Cobram Road towards the bridge into Cobram for 2.5km.
- Turn right and follow the trails into the campgrounds.
- Once you have arrived choose from one of the 4 campgrounds.
There are no rubbish collection points. Please take all rubbish when you leave.
Ski Beach picnic area
Ski Beach picnic area is a fantastic spot to picnic with your family at the old Murray River punt site, and only minutes from town. The picnic area, in Murray Valley Regional Park, boasts a great river view with a sandy beach, and river red gum shade.
Quicks Beach campground
Spend the night right next to the Murray River at either Quicks Beach or Kerrs Beach campground. A perfect spot to set up your tent, caravan or motorhome and enjoy the sandy beaches.
Smithers Beach campground
Smithers Beach is perfectly positioned on the mighty Murray River in the Barooga area of Murray Valley National Park. Book a camping stay and enjoy all that this beautiful beach has to offer.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731
- in Murray Valley Regional Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Things to do (15)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (8)
- Canoeing/paddling (6)
- Cycling (2)
- Fishing (7)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Swimming (5)
- Walking (10)