Watagans National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bangalow campground.
Getting there and parking
Bangalow campground is in the north east precinct of Watagans National Park. To get there:
- Take Mount Faulk Road from Freemans Drive, Cooranbong into the park and turn left onto Bangalow Road.
- The campground is a further 3.8km from the turnoff
Check the weather before you set out as the road to this campground can become boggy when it rains. Please check the OEH website for up-to-date road closure information.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available next to the campsites.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Watagans National Park.
Camp at Gap Creek or Bangalow campground and enjoy a campfire as the sun sets.
Cooling off at Boarding House Dam is especially popular during summer months Enjoy the moist and cool Circuit walking track .
Late winter sees the bloom of Illawara flame trees which can be seen across the valley from Gap Creek lookout Check out the views from the various lookouts, while the air is crisp and clean .
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 30°C
5°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Firewood is not provided.
- Rubbish bins are provided
- Non-flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty.
- Accessible toilets and picnic tables
Collecting firewood, including fallen trees and dead wood is prohibited.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.