Murray Valley National Park
Campground booking required
All campgrounds in NSW national parks require a booking. Click the 'search availability' button to see the dates available and any restrictions. If there's no availability you may not travel to, or stay at a campground. To prepare for your camping trip, read these camping safety tips.
Enjoy riverside camping at Backhouses campgrounds in the Cottadidda area of Murray Valley National Park. Pitch your tent at one of 5 campgrounds in this area.
Choose from 5 campgrounds when you arrive:
- Backhouses Beach campground
- Homestead campground
- Pump campground
- The Pines campground
- Toms Beach campground
There are no camping fees but a $6 booking fee applies. Bookings are required. Book online or call 1300 072 757.
- Campfires are permitted between April and September.
- Collection of deadfall timber is permitted for small campfires only.
- You can’t remove firewood from the park. Chainsaws are not permitted.
- Pets and domestics animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted in Murray Valley National Park. If you want to camp with your dog, find a campground in Murray Valley Regional Park.
Vehicle access and road quality
All roads leading to Backhouses campgrounds are unsealed. 4WD vehicles recommended when wet. Campervans/RVs are permitted at Backhouses Beach however will not fit at any of the other campgrounds.
How to get there
Backhouses campgrounds are around 10km south-east of Barooga. To get there:
- Follow Hughes street for 2.5km and turn right onto Mulwala-Barooga Road.
- Follow for 1km and turn right onto Seppelts Road and then left onto Stock Route Road.
- Follow Stock Route Road for 6km and turn right at the entry into the reserve.
- Once you have arrived follow the park roads and choose from one of the 5 campgrounds.
There are no rubbish collection points. Please take all rubbish when you leave.
Quicks Beach on the Murray River rolls down to a sandy beach. Perfect for a free river red gum bush camping holiday - motorhomes and caravans are welcome.
Ngawe (Nar-wee) campgrounds are perfectly positioned next to the mighty Murray River in the Cottadidda area of Murray Valley National Park. Set up camp on one of the 2 stunning beaches, Murray Park or Ngawe Beach.
Enjoy all that the Murray river has to offer when you stay at one of the 6 campgrounds in the Barooga area of Murray Valley Regional Park. With beautiful sandy beaches these campgrounds are an ideal spot to set up camp and relax close to town.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731