Murray Valley National Park
Campground booking required
You will need to plan ahead and make a booking if you'd like to stay at this campground.
Ngawe (Nar-wee) campgrounds are perfectly positioned next to the mighty Murray River in the Cottadidda area of Murray Valley National Park. Set up camp on one of the 2 stunning beaches, Murray Park or Ngawe Beach.
Choose from 2 campgrounds when you arrive:
- Ngawe (Nar-wee) Beach campground
- Murray Park campground
There are no camping fees but a $6 booking fee applies. Bookings are required. Book online or call 1300 072 757.
- Campfires are permitted between April and September.
- Collection of deadfall timber is permitted for small campfires only.
- You can’t remove firewood from the park. Chainsaws are not permitted.
- Pets and domestics animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted in Murray Valley National Park. If you want to camp with your dog, find a campground in Murray Valley Regional Park.
Vehicle access and road quality
All roads leading to Ngawe campgrounds are unsealed. 4WD vehicles recommended when wet. Campervans/RVs are permitted at Ngawe Beach campground but will not fit down the trail into Murray Park campground.
How to get there
Ngawe campgrounds are located around 10km south-east of Barooga. To get there:
- Follow Hughes street for 2.5km and turn right onto Mulwala-Barooga Road.
- Follow for 1km and turn right onto Seppelts Road and then left onto Stock Route Road.
- Follow Stock Route Road for 2.2km and turn right onto Ngawe Road.
- Follow Ngawe road for 2km until you get to the park entry.
- Once you have arrived choose from one of the 2 campgrounds.
There are no rubbish collection points. Please take all rubbish when you leave.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731
- in Murray Valley National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Murray Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (15)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (8)
- Canoeing/paddling (6)
- Cycling (2)
- Fishing (7)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (7)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Swimming (5)
- Walking (10)