Woody Head cottages and cabins
Bundjalung National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Woody Head cottages and cabins.
Getting there and parking
Woody Head cottages and cabins are in Woody Head campground in Bundjalung National Park. To get there:
- From the north, take Iluka Road turnoff, 72km south of Ballina on Pacific Highway.
- From the south, take Iluka Road turn off, 56km north of Grafton.
- Drive along Illuka Road, through Woombah, over the Esk River Bridge for 13km, then follow the signs to Bundjalung National Park and Woody Head campground.
Keys can be collected from Woody Head campground office between 2pm and 5pm. Call Woody Head on (02) 6646 6134 during office hours to arrange late key collection.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at your cottage or cabin.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Bundjalung National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Head to Iluka Bluff for a spectacular coastal view of the park, beaches and the mouth of the river – keep your eyes peeled for whales on their return migration.
Escape to the wintersun for a family camping holiday, it should still be warm enough for a swim so remember to bring your cozzie.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 26°C
12°C and 21°C
Between January and March
Between August and October
- There are 5 cottages and 2 cabins.
- All cottages and cabins are fully furnished, and include gas stove/oven, fridge, kettle and crockery/cutlery.
- Some cottages and cabins have private bathroom amenities and/or a television.
- A list of all facilities in your cottage or cabin will be provided in your booking confirmation.
- There's no DVD, stereo, heating or laundry facilities.
- Guests can also use the facilities available in Woody Head campground.
- Hammonds Cottage: Sleeps up to 6 guests. Two bedrooms: 2 x double, 1 x single bunk bed. No bathroom facilities.
- Cabins 2A and 2B: Sleeps up to 5 guests each. Each has 1 bedroom: 1 x double, 1 x single bunk bed with trundle. No bathroom facilities.
- Cottage 3: Sleeps up to 4 guests. One bedroom: 1 x double, 1 x single bunk bed. There is a wheelchair-accessible bathroom.
- Cottages 4 and 5: Sleeps up to 6 guests each. Each has 2 bedrooms: 1 x queen, 1 x double, 1 x single bunk bed. Each has bathroom facilities and a television.
- Cottage 6: Sleeps up to 6 guests. Two bedrooms: 1 x queen, 1 x double, 1 x single bunk bed. There is a wheelchair-accessible bathroom and a television.
- Please ensure you leave your cottage/cabin clean and tidy with all kitchen items washed up and put away. Additional fees may be charged for any unreasonable cleaning required or missing/broken items.
- Two amenity blocks with hot showers ($1 coin for 4 minutes) and flush toilets are located close to the cottages and cabins.
- Town drinking water is available in all cottages and cabins.
- Showers in amenities block are $1 for 4 minutes.
- All cottages and cabins have power.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Hammonds Cottage: Not wheelchair-accessible.
- Cabin 2A: Not wheelchair-accessible.
- Cabin 2B: Cabin 2B is wheelchair-accessible; assistance may be required to access the cabin. There are no private bathroom facilities. Guests can use the nearby wheelchair-accessible amenity blocks.
- Cottage 3: There is ramp access and a wheelchair-accessible bathroom.
- Cottage 4: Not wheelchair-accessible.
- Cottage 5: Not wheelchair-accessible.
- Cottage 6: There is ramp access and a wheelchair-accessible bathroom.
- Please be considerate of others and keep noise to a reasonable level at all times. Minimum noise levels apply from 10pm to 7am.
- Amplified music is not permitted.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.