New England National Park
All the practical information you need to know about The Residence.
Getting there and parking
On entering New England National Park:
- Continue on Point Lookout Road
- The Residence is located at Banksia Point, approximately 14km along Point Lookout Road, just before you arrive at Point lookout.
A pin code to access the property will be emailed in your booking confirmation. If you have not received or have lost your code, please contact 1300 072 757.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at The Residence for three vehicles. Additional vehicles may park in the adjacent picnic area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in New England National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy the fresh air walking during the day, and cosy nights by the fire at Toms Cabin.
Climb up to Wrights lookout and see the colourful display of wildflowers.
Immerse yourself in the cool air and vibrant green of the Antarctic beech rainforest covered in moss.
Discover the spectacular icicles and frozen rock faces along the Weeping Rock walking track.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
10°C and 24°C
1°C and 12°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- The cottage is fully furnished with lounge and dining seating for 6, kitchen, bathroom with shower, and a gas barbecue on the deck outside. There is also reverse-cycle air conditioning.
- The kitchen has a fridge, stove, microwave, toaster, electric jug, crockery and cutlery.
- Only mattresses are provided. It can get quite cold so come prepared for cold weather.
- There is no DVD player, television or stereo.
- There are no laundry facilities
- Please leave the property clean and tidy, with cutlery and cooking utensils washed and put away or additional cleaning fees may be charged.
- Rubbish bins are provided.
- There is a picnic area next to the cottage with tables, wood barbecues, a lookout and access to a walking track.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
Tap water is sourced from a nearby spring and is not treated or monitored. Please boil or treat water before drinking.
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area as there are some stairs on entry.
Amplified music is not permitted.
Firewood may not be collected from the park, so you’ll need to bring your own supply if using the wood barbecues in the picnic area.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.