Swamp House and Bunkhouse
Bundjalung National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Swamp House and Bunkhouse.
Getting there and parking
Swamp House and Bunkhouse are located near Woody Head campground in Bundjalung National Park. To get there:
- From the north, take Iluka Road turnoff, 72km south of Ballina on Pacific Highway.
- From the south, take Iluka Road turn off, 56km north of Grafton.
- Drive along Iluka Road, through Woombah, over the Esk River Bridge for 13km, then follow the signs to Bundjalung National Park and Woody Head campground.
Keys must be collected from the Woody Head campground office between 2pm and 5pm. Call (02) 6646 6134 during office hours to arrange late key collection.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available for up to 4 vehicles. A daily vehicle entry fee applies.
Swamp House is fully furnished and includes: a kitchen and food prep room; lounge room/conference area with television and DVD player; a large dining area in the enclosed verandah; and laundry with washing machine and dryer.
- Swamp House sleeps up to 8 guests in 3 bedrooms.
- Bedding configuration: 1 double bed and 1 king single bunk bed; 1 king single bunk bed and 1 king single bed; 1 king single bed.
- The kitchen has a gas stove and oven, microwave, kettle, dishwasher and basic kitchenware, cutlery, glassware and cooking utensils. The attached food prep room has a large fridge with freezer, barbecue grill, table and benchtops.
- There's 1 shower room and toilet with disabled access, as well as 1 male and 1 female toilet. These facilities are accessed externally.
- Air-conditioning is available in the lounge room. All other rooms have ceiling fans.
- If you're using Swamp House for business meetings or training sessions, please bring your own conference equipment and presentation materials.
- There's an overhead projector, retractable screen, whiteboard, tables and chairs to seat 20 people.
- There's an outdoor fire ring and picnic tables.
- Please remove all your items from the fridge and freezer, and leave the house clean and tidy with all kitchen items washed and put away. Additional cleaning fees may apply if unreasonable cleaning is required, and for missing or broken items.
Bunkhouse is semi-attached to Swamp House via a verandah. It can be booked if you need additional accommodation.
- Bunkhouse sleeps up to 12 guests in 4 bedrooms, each with a ceiling fan. There's 1 king single bunk bed and 1 king single bed in each room.
- Bunkhouse has a wash-house with 4 showers and 3 toilet cubicles.
You can also use the facilities at Woody Head campground.
- Bags of ice are available from the campground office.
- There's intermittent mobile phone service at Woody Head, however no Wi-Fi is available. There's a pay phone near the Woody Head campground office.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Fire rings (firewood supplied)
Town drinking water is available.
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Swamp House: The ramp from the external toilets to the verandah is wheelchair accessible. Assistance may be required to access the house, as the sliding door frame is not flat. The width of the sliding door may not accommodate all types of wheelchair.
- Bunkhouse: Not wheelchair accessible.
- Please be considerate of others and keep noise to a reasonable level at all times. Minimum noise levels apply between 10pm and 7am.
- Amplified music is not permitted.
- Camping beside Swamp House and Bunkhouse is not permitted.
Firewood is available in the wood bay next to the Woody Head campground office.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.