Steele Point Cottage
Sydney Harbour National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Steele Point Cottage.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Steele Point Cottage is located in Nielsen Park in Vaucluse, which is part of Sydney Harbour National Park. It’s about 12km from the centre of Sydney. To get there:
- Take New South Head Road from the city towards Vaucluse
- Turn left onto Vaucluse Road and follow until you reach Steele Point Road
- To open the security boom gate, press the green button or use the access code on your booking confirmation.
- Follow the road until you reach the cottage, on your left.
Nielsen Park has a 25km/hr speed limit and is a shared traffic zone. Please look out for pedestrians.
- Your booking confirmation email will include an access code to open the security boom gate on Steele Point Road and the key deposit box at the cottage.
- Please return the cottage keys to the deposit box on check out. Fees may apply for lost keys.
- If you haven’t received your access code before your stay, call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
Park entry points
- Nielsen Park carpark See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available for 1 vehicle at the cottage.
By public transport
Take Bus 325 to Nielsen Park. It’s less than 10min to walk about 650m from the bus stop to the cottage.
Best times to visit
Sydney Harbour National Park offers exceptional experiences all year round. You're sure to find a walk, tour, activity or attraction to appeal, regardless of season.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 25°C
7°C and 16°C
2.1 °C (1932)
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- The cottage is fully self-contained with 1 bedroom (queen bed), bathroom, kitchen, dining room and lounge room.
- Sheridan bed linen, towels and bathrobes are provided.
- The bathroom has heated towel racks, a hair dryer and hand soap.
- Kitchenware is provided including Royal Doulton dinner sets, champagne flutes, wine bucket, decanter, coffee plunger and tea strainer.
- The kitchen includes a fridge, freezer, electric stovetop, oven, microwave, toaster and kettle.
- All kitchen items should be washed up and put away. Additional fees may be charged for any unreasonable cleaning required or missing/broken items.
- Cleaning products are provided
- Rubbish and recycling bins are available
- Flush toilets
The cottage has a gas barbecue and an outdoor seating area. Please leave the cottage and barbecue clean and tidy.
The bathroom has a bath and a shower.
The cottage has an electric heater and fan.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Amplified music is not permitted. Noise restrictions apply between 10pm and 7am.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour Islands. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands Island, all vessels, including kayaks, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 13000 PARKS (13000 72757).Buy a pass
- Nielsen Park office
02 9337 5511
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, Vaucluse NSW 2030
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nielsen Park office
- Middle Head office
02 9960 6266
Contact hours: Tuesday to Thursday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- Sydney Harbour National Park (Middle Head), Governors Road, Mosman NSW 2088
- Email: email@example.com
- Middle Head office