Applies from Mon 29 May 2023, 2.46pm to Fri 9 Jun 2023, 2.46pm. Last reviewed: Mon 29 May 2023, 1.29pm.
Other planned events: Aerial spraying bitou bush - Hat Head National Park
Bitou bush will be sprayed by helicopter with herbicide (metsulfuron-methyl 600) between 29 May and 9 June 2023 in the NPWS Hastings-Macleay Area. Some beaches, headlands, roads , picnic areas and walking tracks in Hat Head National Park will be temporarily closed during the helicopter operation for public safety.
The program is expected to take 2 days to complete with suitable weather conditions. Temporary closures will occur on the day of spraying and NPWS staff will be present during the helicopter operation. Please ensure you adhere to all warning signs and directions of NPWS staff.
Areas and Walking Tracks to be closed during spraying operations include:
Smoky Cape Area:
Smoky Cape Lighthouse
- Smoky Cape Picnic Area
- Jack Perkins Walking Track
- Gap Beach Road, Gap Beach North and South
- Green Island Fire Trail
- Little Bay Picnic Area (Arakoon National Park)
- Little Bay to Smoky Cape Lighthouse Walking Track
- Northern section of Smoky Beach
Hat Head Area:
- Kemps Corner Headland access road from Hungry Road
- Killick Beach 4WD access road from Hungry Road
- Kemps Headland and walking track
- Korogoro Circuit Walking Track
- Gap Carpark
- Connors Beach and Third Beach
- Connors Hill Trail
- Northern section of Killick Beach