Reids Flat Cottage
Royal National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Reids Flat Cottage.
Getting there and parking
Reids Flat Cottage is located above Reids Flat picnic area on the foreshore of the Hacking River and is around 36km south of Sydney.
- Travel south along the Princes Highway from Sutherland
- Turn left on to Farnell Avenue, Audley (Royal National Park)
- Drive along Farnell Avenue to Audley Weir
- Turn left on to Riverside Drive before Audley Weir
- The cottage is about 450m on the left on an unsealed driveway, marked by a green post with #39
Pick up service: Pick up service is available from Sutherland Station. You must arrange pick up with the property managers at least 48 hours before you check in.
Check in: The property managers will contact you before your booking to arrange your check in details and security deposit. A $200 security deposit is required.
You will receive 2 keys; 1 key to unlock the cottage entrance gate, and 1 key to unlock the cottage. The gate to Riverside Drive is locked from 8:30pm to 6:30am. You will receive a key for after-hours entry or exit. The gate must be kept locked at all times from 8:30pm to 6:30am. An additional locked gate leading to Reids Flat Cottage should also be locked at all times. Please bring a torch to open gates after dark.
Check out and returning keys: A $50 hourly penalty applies for late check outs. Please return the key on check out, to the key boxes located at the Royal Visitor Centre, or to the property managers. A $100 fee applies to lost keys or keys not returned at time of check out.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at the cottage.
- The cottage has a fully furnished living room, kitchen facilities and 2 bathrooms (1 disabled access).
- The kitchen has a refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, cooktop, oven, crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Bedding configuration: 2 x queen, 4 x singles.
- Bed linen and towels are provided, please bring your own beach towels.
- There’s a washing machine and dryer, iron and board, gas heater, TV and Blu-Ray/DVD player
- Audley Boatshed has bike and boat hire and is a short distance from the cottage.
- Please leave the cottage clean and tidy, or additional fees may apply. Place rubbish in the bins provided outside. Excessive amounts of rubbish should be taken with you.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Audley Dance Hall Café has coffee and refreshments.
- You can pick up supplies at nearby shops in Sutherland and Engadine.
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- 1 bathroom with shower and toilet is wheelchair accessible
- Pathways, entry to the house and one queen bedroom are wheelchair accessible.
- Assistance may be required to access the kitchen, deck and verandah areas.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Amplified music is not permitted
- Please don’t feed the birds or animals
- The cottage is not to be used for commercial purposes, including filming. Email Royal National Park for more information.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Payment options include Audley Visitor Centre, vehicle entry stations, pay machines and the Park’nPay app.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass
Royal National Park Visitor Centre
2 Lady Carrington Drive, Audley, NSW 2232
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings