Gundabooka National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Redbank Homestead.
Getting there and parking
Redbank Homestead is in the state conservation area of Gundabooka National Park. To get there:
- Drive south from Bourke on Kidman Way for approximately 5km and turn right onto Louth Road
- Continue along Louth Road for approximately 47km until you reach Redbank Homestead entrance, which is on the right-hand side of the road.
From Gundabooka National Park:
- From Ben Lomond Road, turn on Yanda track.
- Continue along Yanda track until you reach Louth Road (approximately 29km).
- Turn left onto Louth Road and continue driving for approximately 7km until you reach Redbank Homestead entrance, which is on the right-hand side of the road.
Check the weather and road conditions before you set out as roads to Gundabooka National Park may be closed.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Redbank Homestead.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Gundabooka National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
It's a great time to visit the park with the weather being a bit cooler, and after summer rain, the park may be looking a little greener than usual.
Join in on a Discovery tour to find out more about the park, the amazing landscape and the animals who live here.
Crisp clear days await you, it's perfect weather for walking and if you don't feel like camping out, you can book into the comfort of Redbank Homestead.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 33°C
6°C and 17°C
January and February
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- The property has a living room, kitchen, bathroom with 2 showers and 2 toilets, air conditioning and covered barbecue area with gas barbecue, fire pit and picnic tables.
- The kitchen has a stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, cutlery and pots/pans.
- Air-conditioning is available for the hotter months
- Drinking water is not available at this property.
- There is no television at the property.
- Guests are required to take all rubbish with them on check out.
- Flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty. There is a small step into the front of the property, 3 steps out the back of the property, and 2 steps into the kitchen and bathrooms.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Fires are permitted in the fire pit at the property only. Collecting firewood is not permitted, please bring your own firewood or fuel stove.