Mimosa Rocks National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Myer House.
Getting there and parking
Myer House is in the middle of Mimosa Rocks National Park.
- Turn east off Bermagui-Tathra Road at Haighs Road then continue past the NPWS Tanja Depot, and head straight onto the dirt road (the road becomes Middle Beach Road) for 1.9km.
- Turn left off Middle Beach Road at the Myer House access gate
- Guests must contact the Caretaker a minimum of 24 hours prior to arrival to arrange for gate codes and access to the property
- Address: Myer House, Bithry Inlet, Penders Road, Tanja NSW 2546.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Off-street parking is available for five vehicles next to Myer House.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mimosa Rocks National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Head to one of the park's headlands for great whale watching – don't forget your binoculars for up close views.
A great time for a family camping holiday by the beach, try Aragunnu campground or Gillards campground .
Keep your eyes on the parks winter-flowering plants, like spotted gums, mugga ironbark and coastal banksia for honeaters and lorikeets.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 27°C
2°C and 18°C
February and March
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Bed linen is provided. The beds have bottom sheets, pillows with slips, and doonas with covers.
- Please bring your own towels
- The house is fully furnished with breakfast area, family room, central lounge/dining room and kitchen with gas cooker, 2 x fridge, dishwasher/cleaning products and ample pots and cutlery (no microwave).
- 1 x bathroom with hot shower including disabled facilities and flushing WC
- 1 x bathroom with hot shower/bath, flushing WC and bidet
- There is an outdoor shower
- 2 x gas fireplaces in living room
- Gas BBQ with all tools, picnic table and benches.
- TV, DVD, tennis court with basic equipment, table tennis, small library, small collection of board games and playing cards.
- Washing machine and ironing gear
- There is a boat ramp and small jetty at Mogareeka on the Bega River just north of Tathra
- Myer House is not connected to mains power or water. Rainwater is collected in tanks and a filtered drinking water tap is available in the kitchen.
- Please ensure you leave the property in a clean and tidy manner with all dishes washed up and put away. Fees may apply.
There is a land line phone at the property which can be used free of charge for local and emergency calls only. Mobile phone coverage can be poor and should not be relied upon.
- The power supply to the property is a fully integrated solar system with 240V inverter and diesel back-up generator. Please be conservative with your power use and leave hair dryers and similar items at home. Fees apply for power outage call outs.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty
- One bathroom has been refurbished to disabled access standards
- The design and construction of the Myer House pre-dated building accessibility standards, but would still be suitable for many visitors with disabilities or reduced mobility. Please contact NPWS Narooma office on (02) 4476 0800 to determine whether this accommodation meets your requirements.
Amplified music is not permitted.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Mimosa Rocks National Park in the South Coast region
Mimosa Rocks National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Narooma office
02 4476 0800
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 10am to 2pm. Closed public holidays.
- 9 Burrawang Street, Cnr Graham Street, Narooma NSW 2456
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Narooma office