Mungo Shearers' Quarters
Mungo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mungo Shearers' Quarters.
Getting there and parking
Mungo Shearers’ Quarters are in the south western precinct of Mungo National Park. To get there:
- From Sturt Highway, take Silver City Highway north of Mildura.
- Turn right into Arumpo Road and follow to the end
- Turn left into Balranald Road
- Take the first right into Mailbox Road and continue to Mungo Visitor Centre
- Mungo Shearers’ Quarters are located right beside the visitor centre
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available in the carpark at Mungo Shearers' Quarters.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 34°C
3°C and 20°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Mungo Shearers' Quarters has 5 bedrooms with shared facilities.
- Room 1: 3 x single bunk beds. Room 2: 3 x single bunk beds. Room 3: 1 x double bed, 2 x single bunk beds. Room 4: 1 x queen bed, 2 x single bunk beds. Room 5: 1 x double bed, 1 x single bed.
- All rooms have reverse-cycle air conditioning.
- There's a well-equipped kitchen and dining room with fireplace. There's also a courtyard with fire pit, picnic tables, and gas barbecues.
- The kitchen includes a gas stove and oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, 2 fridge/freezers, pots, pans, crockery and cutlery.
- Please ensure you leave the property clean and tidy, with all kitchen items washed up and put away. Additional fees may be charged for any unreasonable cleaning required, missing or broken items.
- The amenities block is located in the courtyard and has hot showers and flush toilets.
- Flush toilets
- There's a fire pit in the courtyard and an open fireplace in the dining room. Firewood is provided.
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Fire rings (firewood supplied)
- Water supplied is filtered rain water and is suitable for drinking.
- Hot showers
- All rooms have power points. Please use the reverse-cycle air conditioning facilities economically.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
From the carpark there is flat access to the ramp up to the accommodation rooms, and a ramp from the accommodation to the separate kitchen/dining facility. The amenities block includes an accessible shower and toilet. Please note room 5 is not wheelchair accessible.
Fires are permitted in the designated fireplace or fire pit only.
- Amplified music is not permitted.
- Mungo Shearers' Quarters are part of the pest free area. Fines apply if you carry fresh fruit and vegetables into the area. For more information visit the Pest Free Area website or contact the NSW Department of Primary Industries on 1800 084 881.
- Aboriginal artefacts are protected by law. Please do not pick up or remove any that you may see.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Solid fuel fires and cookers, such as wood or heat beads, are not permitted between November and March, when a park fire ban applies. Gas stoves are permitted except when a total fire ban is in place.
Flying drones in Mungo National Park is not permitted unless you've received written agreement from the Park Office before your visit. Please note that a consent to fly a drone in this park is only permitted in exceptional circumstances with endorsement from the traditional owners. Read more about the Drones in Parks policy and the process to apply for consent.
Firewood may not be collected from the park. Firewood is provided.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Mungo National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Mungo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. Fees are payable through self-registration envelopes outside Mungo Visitor Centre. Different fees apply for commercial tour operators and vehicles with 8 seats or more.Buy annual pass