Mount Wood Homestead
Sturt National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mount Wood Homestead.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Mount Wood Homestead is in the south-east area of Sturt National Park: To get there:
- On entering Sturt National Park, Mount Wood Homestead is located near the intersection of Thomsons Creek and Gorge Loop Road, near Mount Wood campground.
- The homestead is approximately 45km from Tibooburra
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
- Bus and car parking is available a short walk from the homestead
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Sturt National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A great time of year to visit when daytime temperatures are pleasant and night times not too chilly.
Depending on the rainfall the park's wildflowers, including the distinctive red Sturt Desert Pea will be on show throughout the park.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
22°C and 36°C
5°C and 17°C
August and September
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Bedding configuration: 5 bedrooms.1 queen bed + single bed, 1 bunk, 4 single beds, 1 queen bed.
- Separate toilets and showers.
- Fully furnished living room.
- Dam water is available at the property, but you'll need to treat or boil it before drinking.
- There are no public phones or internet facilities. Mobile phone coverage may be limited or unavailable.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Hot showers
Four-burner stove, oven, microwave oven, fridge/freezer, toaster and kettle.
Plates and cutlery
Pots and pans
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- From the carpark in front of the complex, access is via a flat concrete footpath into the kitchen. All verandahs are level.
- The kitchen/dining area is large and there are no steps from the front verandah into the kitchen.
- 1 bedroom and the accompanying bathroom/toilet facilities are wheelchair accessible.
- Some sections of the homestead are more difficult to access due to narrow doorways. Please advise when booking if wheelchair access is a requirement of your stay.
- in Sturt National Park in the Outback NSW region
Sturt National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.Buy annual pass