Werrikimbe National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Mooraback Cabin.
Getting there and parking
Mooraback Cabin is in the Mooraback precinct of Werrikimbe National Park. To get there:
- Follow the Oxley Highway 55km east of Walcha or 150km west of Port Macquarie
- Turn onto Kangaroo Flat Road
- After around 19.5km, turn onto Mooraback Road and follow for 7km to the park entrance.
- After entering the park, Mooraback Cabin is another 7km along Mooraback Road.
Check the weather before you set out as the road to Mooraback Cabin can become boggy when it rains.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles (no long vehicle access)
- All weather
Parking is available at the cabin.
- Bedding configuration: 2 bedrooms, one with a queen bed and the other with a double bed and 2 single bunk beds.
- A well-appointed, fully equipped kitchen.
- Cosy lounge room with slow combustion heater
- Sundeck with gas barbecue
- Indoor fireplace and outdoor firepit with firewood supplied
- Flush toilets
There is a fire pit outside and firewood is supplied.
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Fire rings (firewood supplied)
There is rainwater at the cabin, but it must be boiled before drinking.
- Hot showers
- Cold showers
The cabin has reliable renewable power.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
The cabin is wheelchair-friendly, including the toilets and showers.
Easy access is free of obstacles such as steps, rough terrain or significant slopes, and may have ramps or boardwalks.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Campfires are permitted in the outdoor firepit only.
Cycling is permitted on designated trails.
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Werrikimbe National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Werrikimbe National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.