Jenolan Caves House
Jenolan Karst Conservation Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Jenolan Caves House.
Getting there and parking
Jenolan Caves House is in Jenolan Karst Conservation Reserve. To get there from Sydney:
- Take M4 Motorway, then Great Western Highway over the Blue Mountains to Hartley
- Turn off at Hartley onto Jenolan Caves Road
- It’s around 45 minutes’ drive from here to Jenolan Caves House.
From Canberra, take Tablelands Way via Goulburn and Taralga. The nearest fuel is located in Mount Victoria or Oberon.
Road access and closures
Jenolan Caves House is in Jenolan Karst Conservation Jenolan Caves House is located at the bottom of a steep valley.
- The main road to Sydney is closed to uphill (departing) traffic 11.45am-1.15pm to give more road room for incoming coaches.
- During this 11.45am-1.15pm period, leave Jenolan Caves via Edith Road to Oberon. This steeper, narrower road is fully sealed and open 24hrs a day.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
- Linen and towels are provided. Bathrobes available on request.
- Rooms do not feature TV, telephone or fridge.
- Telstra mobile reception may be available in this area.
- Jenolan Caves House facilities include: lounge, games room, library, bar, restaurant, café, gift shop, tour desk, guest laundry, lift.
- Picnic tables and free gas barbecue facilities are located at the picnic areas near the Cambridge and the Carlotta carparks.
- Flush toilets
- Hot showers
- Wireless internet (free)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- There is 1 wheelchair-accessible room with private facilities. Please contact Jenolan Caves House prior to arrival to arrange.
- Jenolan Caves House, including Caves Café and Chisolm’s Restaurant, are easily accessed from the carpark.
- The lift is wheelchair-accessible.
- There’s 1 designated disabled carpark space behind Jenolan Caves House, and 2 spaces next to the guides' office. Please display your disabled driver notice on your windscreen.
Easy access is free of obstacles such as steps, rough terrain or significant slopes, and may have ramps or boardwalks.
Swimming is prohibited in Blue Lake, a platypus habitat.
Smoking is prohibited inside Jenolan Caves House. There are some designated smoking areas outside.