Gibraltar Range National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Gibraltar House.
Getting there and parking
The Gibraltar House is in Gibraltar Range National Park. To get there:
- From Glen Innes, drive 68km east towards Grafton along the Gwydir Highway
- From Grafton, drive 92km west towards Glen Innes along the Gwydir Highway
- After booking, your confirmation email will include a PIN number to access the property. If you don't receive this after booking phone 1300 072 757.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Off-street parking for two vehicles is available. Bus parking is available.
By public transport
You can also get to the house by bus getting off at the Gibraltar Range National Park Country Link Bus stop, phone 132 232 for bus prices and schedules.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Gibraltar Range National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The most popular time of the year to visit, spring sees the park erupt into a vibrant display of wildflowers, including the Gibraltar waratah.
Take in an early morning bushwalk before the day heats up, then cool down in one of the many waterways, like the Little Dandahra Creek.
It can be below freezing at night, but the daytime temperatures make this the best time of the year to take in some of the longer treks like the Gibraltar-Washpool World Heritage walk.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
13°C and 24.1°C
1°C and 13.2°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Lounge room with queen-sized sofa bed
- Has a fully-furnished living room, kitchen facilities and two toilets.
- Washing machine provided with clothes line/racks
- There is no DVD, television or stereo at the accommodation.
- There is a wood heater available for use, with firewood supplied.
- Please leave the property clean and tidy, with cutlery and cooking utensils washed and put away or additional cleaning fees may be charged.
- Please place all rubbish in the appropriate bins outside the house on your departure
- Eco-friendly accommodation – solar power and rain water.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- Gibraltar House is wheelchair accessible
- Access to the verandah is via a ramp
- Bathroom is wheelchair accessible
- in Gibraltar Range National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Gibraltar Range National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather, road damage, or high fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park uses a self-registration fee collection system. Please bring the correct change and display your receipt.Buy annual pass