Sydney Harbour National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Gardeners Cottage.
Getting there and parking
Gardeners Cottage is located within Nielsen Park, Vaucluse, which is part of Sydney Harbour National Park. It’s about 12km from the centre of Sydney.
- Take New South Head Road away from the city towards Vaucluse
- Turn left on Vaucluse Road and follow until you reach Fig Tree Road (on your left).
- You’ll get an access code to open the security gate on Fig Tree Road
- Follow Fig Tree Road, turn left at the t-intersection and follow to the cottage.
Nielsen Park has 25km per hour speed limit and is a shared traffic zone. Please watch out for pedestrians.
After you book, we’ll give you an access code to open the security gate and the key deposit box at the cottage. If you haven’t received your access code before your stay, call 1300 072 757. Please return the cottage keys to the deposit box on check out. Fees may apply for lost keys.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at the cottage for 2 cars.
By public transport
- Take Bus 325 to Nielsen Park.
- Walk to the cottage. The cottage is located behind the cafe and bathers pavilion.
- The cottage is fully self-contained with 2 bedrooms. Bedroom 1 has a queen bed and bedroom 2 has 2 single beds.
- There’s a bathroom, kitchen, dining room and lounge room
- Bed linen, towels and a hair dryer are provided.
- The kitchen has a fridge, electric oven, microwave, toaster, kettle and washing machine.
- Kitchenware is provided including crockery, glassware, cutlery, coffee plunger and tea strainer.
- Please leave the cottage clean and tidy. All kitchen items should be washed up and put away. Cleaning products are provided
- Additional fees may be charged for any unreasonable cleaning required or for missing/broken items.
- Rubbish and recycling bins are available
- There is no internet access at this cottage
- Flush toilets
There’s a gas barbecue and outdoor seating area. Please leave the barbecue clean and tidy.
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- Noise restrictions apply between 10pm and 7am and amplified music is not permitted.
- Unauthorised guests are not permitted for overnight stays.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fee or tour fee applies to visit Sydney Harbour islands. To visit Shark, Clark or Rodd islands all vessels, including kayaks, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes not valid for landing fees.Buy annual pass