East Kunderang Homestead
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
All the practical information you need to know about East Kunderang Homestead.
Getting there and parking
The homestead is located 112km east of Armidale (2.5 hour drive). There's a combination of bitumen and gravel roads.
To get there from Armidale-Kempsey Road:
- Turn off onto Raspberry Road.
- After 28km you reach the start of Oxley Wild Rivers National Park.
- Travel 33km and keep left at the signposted intersection of East and West Kunderang access roads. There is no phone signal after this point.
- Travel 42km until you arrive at locked gate. Use your PIN code to open the gate.
- The remaining 5km after the locked gate passes patches of dry rainforest and follows Station Creek to the homestead.
- Please leave other gates as you find them.
Check road conditions with the NPWS Armidale office, particularly if it has been raining. Vehicles are not permitted to cross the river
and must stay on formed roads at all times.
- Unsealed roads
- All roads require 4WD vehicle
Parking is available at the homestead.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A great time to tackle the Green Gully track when the days are not too hot and the nights not too cold.
The heathlands are a riot of colour when the flowers are out.
The waterfalls are likely to be at their most impressive after the summer rains.
Crisp, cool and clear days are good for a brisk half day bushwalk.
- There are 5 bedrooms. Bedding configuration: 1 queen and 1 fold-up single bed; 1 queen and 1 fold-up single bed; 2 single beds; 2 single beds; 1 king/split singles and 1 single bunk.
- There are 2 bathrooms, each with their own shower and toilet, and a bath.
- There are 2 dining areas and a lounge room.
- Bed sheets, pillows, blankets and doonas are not provided. Please bring your own.
- Water is available but you will need to treat or boil it before drinking.
- Please leave the homestead clean, with all items washed and put away or additional cleaning fees may apply.
- Flush toilets
A large gas barbecue is located outside next to a picnic table.
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
A phone is available in case of emergency.
- Hot showers
The verandah wraps around half of the homestead.
The kitchen is modern and fully equipped, including a microwave oven, gas stove and electric oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, deep freezer and crockery and cutlery for 14 people.
Plates and cutlery
Pots and pans
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
The homestead is accessible for visitors with limited mobility with a ramp on the southern entry and an accessible bathroom with shower and toilet. Most rooms are wheelchair accessible via breezeways and the verandah.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Vehicles are not permitted to cross the river. Vehicles must stay on formed roads.
Firewood may not be collected from the park.
Generators are not permitted.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are 3 areas in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park where you'll need day use vehicle permits: Halls Peak campground and picnic area, Riverside campground and picnic area, and Youdales Hut campground and picnic area. Day use vehicle permits can be bought online or by calling the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757. If camping, permit fees are included in the campground fee.Contact us for permits