Depot Beach cabins
Murramarang National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Depot Beach cabins.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Depot Beach cabins are located at Depot Beach campground, in the central precinct of Murramarang National Park. To get there:
- From the Princes Highway enter the national park via Mount Agony Road
- Take the right fork onto North Durras Road
- Then take Depot Beach Road to the campground
Park entry points
- Depot Beach carpark See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
- Parking for 1 vehicle is available at your cabin.
- Limited additional parking is available at Depot beach campground carpark.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murramarang National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Spring is a great time to dust off your hiking boots and take to the park's tracks. Try the Pretty Beach to Durras Mountain walk for spectacular views of the coast and ranges.
There's no better time to head down the coast and catch some sunshine. With crystal clear waters for swimming and snorkelling, a beach camping trip is the ideal way to enjoy the Aussie summer.
Birdwatching opportunities abound at this time of year, see if you can catch the courting displays of lyrebirds in the park's rainforest areas.
- Forest cabin configuration: Cabins 10 and 11 have 1 x queen and 1 x triple bunk bed.
- Beach cabin configuration: Cabin 1 has 1 queen. Cabins 3, 5, 7 have 1 x queen, 1 x double and 1 x single bunk bed. Cabins 2, 4, 6, 8 have 1 x queen and 2 x single bunk beds.
- Pillows are provided.
- All cabins are fully furnished and have a kitchen, bathroom and combined lounge room/ dining with seating for all guests.
- The 8 beach cabins have front and rear verandahs. The forest cabins have a front verandah only.
- Fridge, microwave and stove, cutlery, crockery, pots, pans are provided.
- Bathroom with shower and toilet.
- Heater and CD/radio.
- Forest cabins have a television.
- Additional facilities are available in Depot Beach campground
- Firewood, gas (swap-and-go) and ice can be purchased at the campground.
- Please ensure you leave the cabin clean and tidy with all kitchen items washed up and put away. Additional fees may be charged for any unreasonable cleaning required or missing / broken items.
- Please place your rubbish in the bins provided.
- Flush toilets
- The cabins have 2 shared covered picnic shelters with gas barbecues and a pizza oven.
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Water in the cabins and campground should be boiled before drinking.
- There's no mobile phone coverage at Depot Beach. A coin operated public phone is available on the verandah of the Depot Beach office.
- Hot showers
- Depot Beach cabins are connected to mains power.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- Cabins 2, 6 and 8 are accessible via ramps and have wide doors, lowered kitchen facilities, wheelchair-accessible toilets and showers.
- Please note some assistance may be required when accessing the back sliding doors and showers due to slight raises (1-2cm).
- To get to the beach, you'll need to travel a short distance on a bitumen, then gravel road to a grassed area on the beach. This can be negotiated with assistance.
Firewood may not be collected from the park. Please bring your own supply or purchase at the campground.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Murramarang National Park in the South Coast region
Murramarang National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted. Card only at Pretty Beach.Buy annual pass