Belah Shearers' Quarters
Gundabooka National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Belah Shearers' Quarters.
Getting there and parking
Belah Shearers' Quarters is in Gundabooka National Park. To get there:
- Drive south from Bourke on Kidman Way for approximately 49km and turn right onto Ben Lomond Road
- Continue along Ben Lomond Road for approximately 43km until you reach Belah Shearers' Quarters entrance, which is on the right-hand side of the road.
Check the weather and road conditions before you set out as roads to Gundabooka National Park may be closed.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking is available at Belah Shearers’ Quarters.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Gundabooka National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
It's a great time to visit the park with the weather being a bit cooler, and after summer rain, the park may be looking a little greener than usual.
Join in on a Discovery tour to find out more about the park, the amazing landscape and the animals who live here.
Crisp clear days await you, it's perfect weather for walking and if you don't feel like camping out, you can book into the comfort of Redbank Homestead.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
20°C and 33°C
6°C and 17°C
January and February
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- The shearers’ quarters has a fully-equipped kitchen, electricity, flush toilets, hot water, hot showers, air-conditioning and covered barbecue area with gas barbecue, fire pit and picnic tables.
- The kitchen has a stove, fridge, microwave, toaster, kettle, cutlery and pots/pans. There is a dining area with long benches.
- The shower and toilet blocks are external.
- There is an external laundry with basin and tap.
- There is no television at the property.
- Guests are required to take all rubbish with them on check out.
- Flush toilets
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area. There are 3 steps into the property. The toilet and shower blocks are external but wheelchair accessible.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Fires are permitted in the fire pit at the property only. Collecting firewood is not permitted, please bring your own firewood or fuel stove.