Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Arch Cottage.
Getting there and parking
Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve is located in Central-West NSW, 1 hour south of Bathurst and 1.5 hours drive north of Goulburn. Enter the reserve and follow Caves Road until you see the turnoff to Arch Cottage, about 1km before you reach the visitor centre and campground.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Arch Cottage for 1 vehicle.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Abercrombie Karst Conservation Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy the cosy rooms and open fireplace at Arch Cottage and breathe in the crisp autumn air.
Pack a picnic and head off on Grove Creek Falls walking track for a relaxing lunch with spectacular views of the waterfalls.
Step out of your tent and go for a refreshing swim in the pools of Grove Creek, then discover the natural wonders underground on a cave tour.
Explore the historic mining site at Mount Gray by day, then get cosy by the campfire at night.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
8°C and 27°C
-0.1°C and 12°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- Bedding configuration: 1 queen bed, 1 double bed, 2 single beds (3 bedrooms)
- The cottage is fully furnished and has a fully-equipped kitchen and a bathroom with a shower-over-bath combination.
- The kitchen has a microwave, toaster, kettle, electric stove, oven and dining table.
- The cottage has a verandah and a barbecue.
- There is no DVD, television or stereo at the cottage.
- There is solid fuel stove heating. Firewood is only supplied for the combustion heater during the cooler months.
- There is a coin-operated washing machine and dryer next to the visitor centre.
- There is a clothes line.
- Please leave the cottage in a clean and tidy manner and take all rubbish with you.
There is an outdoor fireplace. Please bring your own firewood.
Water is available at the cottage, but it must be boiled before drinking.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
There is no wheelchair access to Arch Cottage.
- You'll need a valid ticket or token to enter the caves. Cave entry is allowed during normal business hours; 9am to 4.30pm Thursday to Monday or daily during NSW school holidays.
- Amplified music is permitted but please be considerate of other visitors.
You can use a generator at Arch Cottage.
Spear fishing is not permitted.
Firewood may not be collected from the park.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.