Parr State Conservation Area
All the practical information you need to know about Parr State Conservation Area.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
From Wisemans Ferry:
- Take Webb Creek Ferry across Hawkesbury River, then follow St Albans Road (heading north).
- After 5km, turn left into Webbs Creek Mountain Road, which is gravel, where you see multiple letterboxes.
- After driving up the hill, turn off into the open cut area at the crest when you see a locked gate. This indicates the beginning of Womerah Range trail.
- Park at the Old Quarry, about 100m from the gate or, for those with a permit, continue on through the gate.
Park entry points
Check out the Bicycle information for NSW website for more information.
By public transport
There is no public transport available at Parr State Conservation Area.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Parr State Conservation Area. Here are some of the highlights.
Cooler temperatures make for great hiking and cycling conditions.
The milder temperatures make this an ideal time for hiking and, as though purely for your viewing pleasure, wildflowers decorate the surrounding bushland.
For the adventurous, this is a great time of year to tackle an epic mountain bike ride on Womerah Range trail.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 26.5°C
6.6°C and 16.6°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- in the Sydney and surrounds region
Parr State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
02 6574 5555
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm.
- 2156 Putty Road, Bulga NSW 2330
- Bulga office
Parramatta (65 km)
Parramatta offers a fascinating insight into early colonial life in Australia. Don't miss a visit to Old Government House, now one of 11 Australian Convict Sites on the UNESCO World Heritage list.
Gosford (104 km)
Gosford is a great destination for a family day trip or holiday. It's situated on Brisbane Water National Park and surrounded by state forests, lakes and beaches.
Explore the beautiful Hawkesbury River with Australia's Last River Boat Postman, or sample fresh oysters at a casual riverside cafe. Start your Hawkesbury adventure with a seaplane flight from Sydney to a local restaurant by the river.