Nadgee Nature Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Nadgee Nature Reserve.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
From Eden to northern end of Nadgee Nature Reserve:
- Travel south along the Princes Highway for 22.5 km
- Turn left onto Wonboyn Road and follow it to Wonboyn Village and onto Myrtle Cove
- Follow Nadgee Road, which continues on from Myrtle Cove, to the entrance of Nadgee Nature Reserve.
- Greenglade Road provides sign-posted access to Bay Cliff and Greenglade car parks
Park entry points
- Greenglade picnic area See on map
Check out the Bicycle information for NSW website for more information.
By public transport
For information about public transport options, visit the NSW country transport info website.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Nadgee Nature Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
Autumn is a great time to enjoy Nadgee, with the mild climate favouring walking and picnicking, flower spotting and birdwatching.
Try your luck spotting humpback whales as they migrate south to the Antarctic on any of the beaches and headlands within Nadgee Take one of the many walks – short or long – and view the beautiful wildflowers .
Relax by the pristine beaches and rivers within the reserve.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
17°C and 22°C
10°C and 16°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- in the South Coast region
Nadgee Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Merimbula office
02 6495 5000
Contact hours: Monday to Friday and some weekends during peak holiday periods, 10am to 3pm.
- 47 Merimbula Drive, cnr Sapphire Coast Drive, Merimbula NSW 2548
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Merimbula office
Eden (34 km)
Eden is a historic whaling town, ideal for a whale-watch tour. It's built around a promontory that juts into Twofold Bay.
Pambula (53 km)
Pambula is a historic river village in majestic rural surroundings. The town is at the mouth of the Pambula River among forests and lakes.
Merimbula (60 km)
The main coastal towns of the Sapphire Coast include Bermagui, Tathra, Merimbula and Eden. This stunning coastline has sparkling beaches and bays, lakes and national parks, all accessible via excellent walking tracks and coastal drives. You'll find beaches just perfect for surfing, swimming and walks.