Applies from Thu 3 Sep 2020, 12.25pm to Tue 30 Apr 2024, 8.02am. Last reviewed: Sat 27 May 2023, 1.23pm
Other planned events: 1080 ground baiting program
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) will be conducting a ground baiting program using Canid Pest Ejectors (CPE) that contain 1080 (sodium fluoroacetate) poison for the control of foxes.
The program will be ongoing between Tuesday 28 February 2023 and 17 September 2023 along management trails in Tollingo Nature Reserve and Woggoon Nature Reserve.
Readily identifiable 1080 poison signs have been positioned at trail entry points or trail junctions throughout the reserve.
Domestic pets are not permitted in NSW national parks and reserves. Pets and working dogs may be affected (1080 is lethal to cats and dogs). Pets and working dogs should be restrained or muzzled in the vicinity and must not enter the baiting location. In the event of accidental poisoning seek immediate veterinary assistance.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For further information please call the NPWS Bathurst area office on 02 6332 7640.
Affects 1 park nearby. Show list
Applies from Wed 6 Jan 2021, 12.37pm. Last reviewed: Fri 12 May 2023, 9.00am
Other incidents: Visitation restrictions
There are a number of restrictions on visitation and access by the general public to Yathong, Nombinnie and Round Hill Nature Reserves and Nombinnie State Conservation Area.
- These reserves are not available for overnight camping or hiking. Visitation is restricted to day visits only.
- Vehicle access is restricted to the public roads passing through or adjoining the reserves. Management trails are closed to vehicles. However you are welcome to walk on the trails.
- Bird watchers are welcome to walk into the reserves and along management trails. However take care to make sure you can navigate back to your car - it is easy to get disorientated in mallee country.
- Trips to Round Hill Nature Reserve by bird watching clubs can be done by prior arrangement.
- There are a number of scientific research programs happening in the reserves and visitors should not disturb any field equipment if they come across it.
- The reserves are closed periodically to allow management programs to be undertaken. Please check the website for closures prior to visits.
For further information contact the NPWS Central West area, Bathurst office on 02 6332 7640.
Affects 3 parks nearby. Show list
Applies from Wed 7 Jul 2021, 11.36am. Last reviewed: Wed 31 May 2023, 9.59am
Closed areas: Lookouts closed on Jacks Creek walking track
Lookouts along the Jacks Creek walking track are closed indefinitely due to dangerous cliff edges.
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, please contact the Griffith NPWS office.
Affects 1 park and 1 location nearby. Show list