Seven Mile Beach
Seven Mile Beach National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Seven Mile Beach.
Getting there and parking
Seven Mile Beach is in the central area of Seven Mile Beach National Park. To get there:
From Sydney or Wollongong:
- Turn off Princes Highway to Gerringong and drive south through Gerroa on Crooked River Road
- Around 4km south of the bridge, turn left into Beach Road
- Follow Beach Road to the end
- Turn off the Princes Highway at Bolong Road, Bomaderry
- Follow Bolong Road, which becomes Gerroa Road, for about 22km
- Turn right into Beach Road and follow to the end
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available in the carpark at the end of Beach Road.
There are no rubbish bins at this venue – all rubbish must be taken with you when you leave. Please leave the area clean and tidy. If significant cleaning is required there may be a fee.
- Flush toilets
- Gas/electric barbecues (free)
- Cold showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- There are grassy and uneven surfaces. Assistance may be required to get around in some areas.
- There is wheelchair access to the toilets, picnic shelter and beach lookout, but Seven Mile Beach is not wheelchair-accessible.
Food and drink
- Commercial cocktail-style catering is limited to plates or platters of cold food such as sandwiches, antipasto, canapes, salads and cakes.
- Small plates are permitted.
- You may bring the following amounts of alcohol for consumption by guests:
- 1 bottle of wine or champagne for every 4 guests
- 1 case (24) cans or bottles of beer or premixed drinks (375ml maximum) for every 20 guests.
Structures, staging, furniture and amusements
- 1 small table for signing wedding certificate
- Up to 20 chairs with rail style legs
Commercial filming and photography
- 1 photographer and 1 photographer's assistant
- 1 videographer and 1 videographer's assistant
- Commercial photography and video, including drone use, may be permitted on applications. You’ll need to obtain a small-scale photographer and wedding filming license.
Power, lighting and amplified sounds
- 1 single speaker portable PA system or music player with an amplifier no greater than 50 watts.
- Volume must be kept at a level that does not interfere with neighbours or the public.
Balloons, plant materials and animals are not permitted, including:
- Decorations consisting of flowers or plant materials
- Throwing of rice or petals is not permitted
- Horse-drawn carriages
Tents, marquees and banners are not permitted. Please do not put up signage or cordon off structures or areas at Seven Mile Beach.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Seven Mile Beach National Park in the South Coast region
Seven Mile Beach National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.