Sydney Harbour National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Middle Head.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Vehicle access to the venue can be arranged for up to 3 vehicles for an additional fee.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Paid parking is available at Middle Head carpark:
- Follow Middle Head Road past the Chowder Bay Road roundabout to the entrance to Middle Head where you'll find the carpark.
- The carpark is managed by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust.
- It is a 150m walk on bitumen to the venue.
4 hours free parking is available for NPWS Annual Pass holders along sections of Chowder Bay Road. Please check the parking meter for the NPWS logo to ensure your vehicle is parked in an NPWS-managed carpark.
Bus services stop near this venue. Contact the Transport Information Line on 131500 for more information.
All rubbish generated as part of the event is to be removed from the park and not deposited in bins.
There is 1 unisex toilet.
- Flush toilets
There is 1 tap at the venue.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
For venue hire, vehicle access for disabled visitors can be arranged with prior notice.
Food and drink
- You may bring your own food as well as portable gas barbeques fitted with drip trays for cooking.
- Commercial catering can only be provided by Nielsen Park Café and Restaurant
- You may bring 1 bottle of wine or champagne for every 4 guests, and 1 case (24 cans or bottles) of beer or premixed drinks (375ml maximum) for every 20 guests.
Flower arrangements containing no seed material. A florist can arrange this for you on request.
Structures, staging, furniture, amusements and decorations
- Weighted free-standing decorative items such as bridal arches, red carpet and columns.
- 15 chairs with rail-style legs
- 3 tables no larger than 3m square
Commercial filming and photography
- 1 photographer, 1 photographer's assistant, 1 videographer and 1 videographer's assistant.
- Commercial photography and video requires a small scale photography license
Power, lighting and amplified sounds
- 1 single speaker portable PA system or music player with an amplifier no greater than 50 watts
- Volume must be kept at a level that does not interfere with neighbours or the public
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited at this location. Drones can impact on public enjoyment and privacy, interfere with park operations, and may pose a threat to wildlife in some areas. For more information, see the Drones in Parks policy.
Commercial filming and photography
Commercial filming or photography is prohibited at this location unless prior consent has been obtained. Find out how to apply for permission to conduct commercial filming or photography and download an application form. Contact the local office to obtain consent for commercial filming or photography.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fees or tour fees apply to visit Sydney Harbour islands. All public visitors to Shark, Clark or Rodd Island, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes do not cover landing fees.Buy annual pass