Bare Island Fort
La Perouse area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
Located in the La Perouse area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park, the historic Bare Island Fort is one of Sydney’s most picturesque outdoor wedding venues. Indeed, with its stunning backdrop, it’s ideal for any kind of event hire.
- Venue is suitable for
- Wedding receptions, wedding ceremonies, arts and cultural events, concerts and festivals, corporate and MICE events, private party or function
- Maximum people: 120
- Drinking water, toilets
- Monday to Saturday, except 25 and 31 December and public holidays.
To make a venue booking or for more information, please email the Events and Venues Unit or phone (02) 9585 6570.
To book a guided tour visit the Bare Island Fort tour page or phone 13000 PARKS (1300 072 757).
- Other Information
- This venue is also suitable for commercial and public events such as live performances, festivals and product launches.
Captain Cook first spotted the area now known as Bare Island in 1770, and referred to it in his journal as 'a small bare island'. The fort was built in the early 1880s to protect Sydney’s back door. It was in operation until 1908, after which time it became Australia's first war veterans' home.
Bare Island Fort’s structure provides a picturesque backdrop for any event, with spectacular scenic views over La Perouse. You may also recognise the island as the location for some thrilling action sequences in the Hollywood film, Mission: Impossible 2.
The water surrounding Bare Island Fort is also one of the most popular scuba diving sites in NSW, as well as a very popular location for snorkelling in Kamay Botany Bay National Park.
Take a virtual tour of Bare Island Fort captured with Google Street View Trekker.
- in the La Perouse area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
7am–8.30pm November to March. 7am–7.30pm April to October
Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are no park entry fees in La Perouse area but you'll need to pay to tour Bare Island.Buy an annual pass.
- Nielsen Park office
02 9337 5511
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- Greycliffe House, Nielsen Park, Vaucluse NSW 2030
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nielsen Park office