Wallarah National Park
A scenic walk or cycle on Yondeo trail in Wallarah National Park with places to picnic, birdwatching and whale watching opportunities and fishing at Pinny Beach.
- Wallarah National Park in North Coast
- 2.5km return
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There is limited mobile reception in this park.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch or whale watch.
Yondeo trail is a great way to access and explore Wallarah National Park, and a fun route to the coast and Pinny Beach. This walking and cycling track passes through peaceful, shady bushland where a canopy of eucalypts and cabbage-tree palms will keep you almost as cool as the swim you can have at the end. Wildflowers decorate the area in spring, including the purple bloom of the happy wanderer and the delicate flowers of the fairy orchid. Take along binoculars for birdwatching and whale watching and have a picnic lunch with a view.
Access to Yondeo trail is just off the highway, so, even if you’re only passing the area, why not park the car, stretch your legs and allow the kids to let off steam on this fairly short hike or bike ride? Yondeo trail leads to Scenic trail, also great for hiking and biking, and Coastal walking track.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Wallarah National Park in the North Coast region
Wallarah National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (15)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (3)
- Cycling (2)
- Fishing (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (3)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (5)
- Surfing (1)
- Swimming (4)
- Walking (6)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (1)