Yanga Lake walking track
Yanga National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Yanga Lake walking track.
Features of this track
30min - 1hr
Quality of markings
No experience required
Short steep hills
Quality of path
Rough unformed track
Getting there and parking
Yanga Lake walking track is in the Homestead precinct of Yanga National Park. To get there:
- From Balranald, travel east along Sturt Highway for 7km.
- Turn right into Yanga picnic area just over Yanga Creek
- Turn left at the Yanga National Park sign and drive 2km along unsealed road to Yanga Homestead, where the track begins.
Parking is available at Yanga Homestead.
Best times to visit
The locals will tell you it can get pretty hot out this way, so you may wish to time your visit to avoid the summer heat. Temperatures during autumn, winter and spring are more moderate - just be sure to check the forecast as roads can become inaccessible in wet weather.
A great time to see the woodland birds - be sure to bring your binoculars.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
15°C and 34°C
4°C and 17°C
May to October
January to March
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Yanga National Park office
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily.
- 03 5020 1764
- 38773 Sturt Highway, Balranald NSW 2715