Yacaaba Headland walking track
Myall Lakes National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Yacaaba Headland walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
2hrs 30min - 3hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Yacaaba Headland walking track is in the southern precinct of Myall Lakes National Park. To get there:
- Follow Pacific Highway, north of Newcastle, past Raymond Terrace.
- Drive for approximately 40km and turn right into Tea Gardens Road
- Follow signs for Myall Way/Hawks Nest via Myall and Kingfisher streets
Park entry points
- Yacaaba Headland carpark See on map
Parking is available at Bennetts Beach or along Beach Road.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Myall Lakes National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
A good time to visit when the weather is a little cooler and the park is less busy.
Magnificent wildflower displays as they bloom across the heathlands.
Look for dolphins swimming among the waves.
Head to Sugarloaf Point to watch for whales on their annual migration.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
19°C and 27°C
10°C and 19°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428
- in Myall Lakes National Park in the North Coast region
Myall Lakes National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.
The park has coin/card operated pay and display machines at Mungo Brush campground. NPWS visitor service officers regularly visit camping areas to collect fees from campers and sell annual passes. Day passes and annual passes also available from the Great Lakes Area Office, Bulahdelah and Tea Gardens Visitor Information Centres, and other local outlets.
Bombah Point ferry fees may also apply (cash payment only).Buy a pass