Wollondilly River walking track
Guula Ngurra National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Wollondilly River walking track.
Features of this track
4 - 6hrs
Quality of markings
Very experienced bushwalkers
Very steep and difficult
Quality of path
Rough track, many obstacles
Getting there and parking
Wollondilly River walking track is in the Little Forest West area of Guula Ngurra National Park. To get there from Sydney or Goulburn:
- Follow the M31 and take the Illawarra Highway – Moss Vale exit, following signs to Canyonleigh.
- Continue for 10km on Canyonleigh Road, then turn right onto Tugalong Road.
- Travel 20km along Tugalong Road and then turn left at the small Guula Ngurra National Park entry sign onto the Dirrang Management Trail.
- Open the entry gate, drive 100m along the trail and then park in the clear, open area on your right.
- There is a locked gate after the carpark with pedestrian access to the Wollondilly River walking track.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
An informal parking area for 5 cars is available on the Dirrang Management Trail within the Little Forest West area, just before the trail head. A formal parking area for 5 cars is available in the Mount Penang area 2.5km north, along Tugalong Road.
Best times to visit
Autumn's a great time to visit as you escape the heat of summer and avoid the chill of winter.
If you're interested in wildflowers, visit in spring to see them in bloom throughout the park.
There are no bins so you'll need to take all rubbish away with you.
Informal parking is available at Wollondilly River walking track.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Hunting and shooting native animals or poaching wildlife is prohibited. Report illegal activities.
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Guula Ngurra National Park in the Country NSW region
The Mount Penang and Little Forest West areas of Guula Ngurra National Park are always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
The Tugalong area of Guula Ngurra National Park is open to the public from 8.30am to 5pm on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month between 1 March and 31 October. Visitors must arrive onsite before 2pm. The area is closed to the public at other times to protect sensitive natural and cultural heritage values.