Whittabrinnah heritage walk
Narriearra Caryapundy Swamp National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Whittabrinnah heritage walk.
Features of this track
Quality of markings
No experience required
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Whittabrinnah heritage walk is in the Whittabrinnah Hotel precinct of Narriearra Caryapundy Swamp National Park. To get there from Tibooburra:
- Travel 26km east of Tibooburra along Tibooburra Road, to where it becomes Narriearra Road.
- Continue travelling straight onto Narriearra Road, and drive for another 19km. You'll pass through 2 gates to enter the park.
- Whittabrinnah Hotel precinct is the first area you’ll reach after entering the park. It's 10km into the park, past the second gate and park entrance sign.
Tibooburra is the closest town, 45km west of the park. Broken Hill is 377km to the south west.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available a short distance from the start of the walk.
The closest non-flush toilets are located at Caryapundy lookout, around 30 minutes drive from the carpark.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- The walking track crosses an ephemeral creek where there is soft sand, steep edges and tree roots, rocks and other trip hazards, and in this area is not wheelchair-accessible .
- Other parts of the walk are wheelchair-accessible with assistance.
- Tibooburra Visitor Centre
- Tibooburra Visitor Centre is always open but it's unstaffed (self service)
- 08 8091 3308
- 51 Briscoe Street, Tibooburra NSW 2880