White Sands walk and Scribbly Gum track
Jervis Bay National Park
Starting at Greenfield Beach picnic area, this short walk passes white sandy beaches and coastal forest by the shores of Jervis Bay. Stop for a swim, spot birds and dolphins, or extend your walk to Hyams Beach.
- Jervis Bay National Park in South Coast
- 2.5km loop
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr 30min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Both tracks are easy but you’ll find the Scribbly Gum track steeper with more steps.
- If you'd like a slightly longer walk, try the path that goes from Chinamans Beach to Cyrus Street, which leads you to nearby Hyams Beach.
- There's also a council walking track north from Greenfield Beach that goes to Plantation Point via Blenheim Beach, and has several lookouts along the way. It makes a good extension to the national park tracks.
White Sands walk and Scribbly Gum track are interconnected walking tracks which loop through scenic Jervis Bay National Park.
Start White Sands walk at Greenfield Beach picnic area, or if you’d like a longer walk, you can start from Plantation Point to the north. From Greenfield Beach the track heads south along Jervis Bay, passing the white sands and clear water of Chinamans Beach. Remember to bring your swimsuit if you fancy a quick dip along the way.
You’ll be treated to incredible water views at various points along the track, which is a top spot for bird watching and glimpsing dolphins. There are also plenty of scenic detours along the way. From Chinamans Beach, you can walk to Cyrus Street and head through Hyams Beach town to reach its famous beach.
The return leg along Scribbly Gum track takes you away from the coastline, through tall coastal forest and woodland, finishing up at the top of Greenfield Beach picnic area. If you're lucky, you might spy some furry locals including possums and gliders.
Take a virtual tour of White Sands walk and Scribbly Gum track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Nowra office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 4428 6300
- 104 Flatrock Road, West Nowra NSW 2541
- in Jervis Bay National Park in the South Coast region
Jervis Bay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.