Weir View walking track
Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve
Weir view walking track at Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve is a short easy walk along the southern bank of the lagoon with scenic views and great birdwatching opportunities near Moss Vale.
- Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve
- 0.9km return
- Time suggested
- 15 - 45min
- Grade 2
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching.
When you follow Weir View walking track along the lagoon’s southern bank, it’s hard to believe that this natural environment abundant with birdlife hasn’t been here for eons. In fact, the lagoon only appeared after Bong Bong weir was constructed in the 1920s, though it didn’t take long for the newly formed wetland to become recognised as a wildlife sanctuary.
So while you’re stretching your legs, clearing your head or allowing the kids to let off steam along this lovely walking track, keep an eye out for all the birds and animals that now make this reserve their home.
Weir View walking track offers scenic views across the water to the wooded slopes on the southern side of the reserve. It’s a short easy walk with a flat surface and no stairs, making it ideal for walkers of all ages and fitness levels. Keep your binoculars handy and see how many different bird species you can spot while birdwatching.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 7270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve in the Country NSW region
Cecil Hoskins Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.