Weeping Rock circuit
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Weeping Rock circuit.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Weeping Rock circuit starts from Wentworth Falls picnic area in Blue Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Take Great Western Highway to Wentworth Falls
- Turn onto Falls Road at the traffic lights
- Follow to the end, where you'll reach Wentworth Falls picnic area.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
- Parking is available at Wentworth Falls picnic area including designated disabled spots. Overflow parking is available on Falls Road.
- Wentworth Falls picnic area and nearby walks can be busy places on weekends and holidays, so parking may be limited.
By public transport
Regular trains run from Sydney Central Station to Wentworth Falls. The picnic area is around 2km walk along Falls Road. You can take a taxi from the station, or catch bus 685 towards Katoomba and get off on the corner of Fletchers Road and Falls Road. Visit transportnsw.info to plan your trip.
- Wentworth Falls picnic area offers car parking, picnic tables and barbecue facilities, drinking water and flush toilets.
- Conservation Hut cafe is located around 800m from the picnic area.
- While water is available at the picnic area, it's a good idea to bring some extra water with you.
- There are no bins so you’ll need to take all rubbish away with
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Removing or disturbing native plants and animals is prohibited.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- End of Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785