Weddin Gap to Black Spring loop trail
Weddin Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Weddin Gap to Black Spring loop trail.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
8 - 12hrs
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Weddin Gap to Black Spring loop trail is in the southern section of Weddin Mountains National Park. To get there:
- Drive 30km from Grenfell towards Bimbi along Mary Gilmore Way
- Turn north onto Grimms Lane
- Travel for about 4.5km then turn right to enter Weddin State Forest (close the gate behind you).
- Take the first left and follow this state forest trail to the national park boundary and a clearly marked gate
There's no vehicle access in Weddin Mountains National Park
Check the weather before you set out as the access roads through the state forest can become impassable after rain.
Limited parking is available at the park boundary where the walking track meets Weddin State Forest. If leaving a vehicle at this entrance, please do not block the gate.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Weddin Mountains National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Cooler days make it an ideal time to undertake some of the longer walks. It's also a good time to wander around Seaton's Farm to investigate and compare machinery used back then to what we have today.
A great time to see the wildflowers that blanket much of the ground. Venture up to the lookouts to see the sprawling surrounding farming country.
Enjoy a free barbecue at Ben Hall's campground.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
30°C and 33°C
12°C and 15°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Bathurst office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6332 7640
- 02 6332 7680 To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office.
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW 2795