Walk with the Birds boardwalk
Dorrigo National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Walk with the Birds boardwalk.
Features of this track
15 - 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Getting there and parking
Walk with the Birds boardwalk is near The Glade picnic area in Dorrigo National Park. To get there:
- Follow the signs to Dorrigo National Park and Dorrigo Rainforest Centre from Waterfall Way (1km south of Dorrigo).
- From Dorrigo Rainforest Centre, follow the signs to The Glade picnic area.
Parking is available at The Glade picnic area, including several designated disabled spots.
Best times to visit
The weather at Dorrigo National Park can vary from warm to mild to cool, depending on the time of year you visit. The summer months usually have the highest rainfall.
The rainforest is alive with birdlife - walk the Lyrebird Link for a close up view.
Escape the summer heat along one of the waterfall tracks and feel the coolness envelope you.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
- From The Glade picnic area the track follows a sealed path around 200m along Satinbird Stroll to reach the timber boardwalk, before looping back to the picnic area.
- There are gentle slopes, no steps, and places to rest, making this route easily accessible for wheelchairs, prams, and visitors with limited mobility.
- Dedicated parking, and a wheelchair-accessible toilet with a ramp, is available at The Glade picnic area.
- If starting from Dorrigo Rainforest Centre, assistance will be required along Lyrebird Link and Wonga walk around 1km to the boardwalk.
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre offers a TraiRider all-terrain wheelchair for visitors to book, free of charge. All facilities at the centre are easily accessible.
Easy access is free of obstacles such as steps, rough terrain or significant slopes, and may have ramps or boardwalks.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Dorrigo National Park in the North Coast region
Dorrigo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.