Victoria Falls walking track
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Victoria Falls walking track.
Grade 4Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
2hrs - 2hrs 30min
Quality of markings
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Victoria Falls walking track is in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park, near Mount Victoria.
To get there:
- Follow the Great Western Highway towards Mount Victoria
- As you reach Mount Victoria, turn right onto Victoria Falls Road
- Follow the unsealed road 5km to the carpark
- From here, follow the signs to the lookout and falls.
- Mixture of sealed and unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at the end of Victoria Falls Road.
By public transport
Take a train to Mount Victoria station and walk or cycle 6.5km to Victoria Falls lookout carpark, where this walking track starts. Be cautious of cars and trucks along the highway section. If cycling, you’ll need to bring a bike chain and lock, plus walking shoes.
A toilet is located in the lookout carpark. There are no other toilets along the walk. Additional public toilet facilities are located in Mount Victoria or Blackheath.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
Camping is not permitted along this walking track. Please camp in designated remote campgrounds in the Upper Grose Valley at Burra Korain campground or Acacia Flat campground.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.