Treachery Headland walking track
Myall Lakes National Park
Pass through coastal rainforest to scenic views of Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse on this lovely walk. Take the sidetrack to Treachery Beach for a swim, surf or a spot of fishing.
- Myall Lakes National Park in North Coast
- 2km return
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 4
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
Treachery Headland walking track offers impressive views of Sugarloaf Point Lighthouse, the rocky headland and the coastline. It’s a short walk, taking you on a journey through the park’s coastal rainforest. You’ll pass a giant fig tree with intricate buttress roots before reaching the grassy headland where stunning views await.
A sidetrack off the main one will take you down to the white sands of the secluded Treachery Beach. It’s a great spot for fishing and surfing.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Booti Booti Office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed public holidays.
- 02 6591 0300
- The Ruins campground, Booti Booti National Park, 4374 The Lakes Way, Booti Booti 2428
- in Myall Lakes National Park in the North Coast region
Myall Lakes National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.
The park has coin/card operated pay machines at Mungo Brush campground. Day passes are also available from the Manning Great Lakes Area Office, Bulahdelah Visitor Information Centre and the Hawks Nest Newsagency.
Bombah Point ferry fees may also apply (cash payment only).Buy annual pass
Things to do (12)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Beach (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (4)
- Canoeing/paddling (3)
- Cycling (3)
- Fishing (4)
- Historic heritage (4)
- Horse riding (1)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (1)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (1)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Swimming (1)
- Walking (5)