Tooth's walking track to Bundanoon Creek
Morton National Park
Take a refreshing swim at the base of Bundanoon Creek walking track before the steep return journey to Tooths lookout in Morton National Park.
- Morton National Park in South Coast, Country NSW
- 3km return
- Time suggested
- 1hr 30min - 2hrs 30min
- Grade 5
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply in the Bundanoon precinct of Morton National Park.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- The weather in the area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
Although not a bushwalk for the faint of heart, Tooth's walking track to Bundanoon Creek offers great rewards for those who are fit and don’t mind a steep climb. The walking track begins at Tooths lookout, with its spectacular scenic views of the valley, and descends steeply towards Bundanoon Creek.
As you get closer to the creek, you may see reptiles lying across the track and, during spring, wildflowers blooming nearby. Don’t get too distracted because you need to keep a close eye on where you’re placing your feet.
At the base, strip down to your swimmers and plunge into the swimming hole. It’s the perfect way to refresh before you make the climb back to the top.
Make sure you leave plenty of time, since the walk needs to be completed during daylight.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Fitzroy Falls Visitor Centre
- 9am to 4pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4887 8270
- 1301 Nowra Road, Fitzroy Falls NSW 2577
- in Morton National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Morton National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Parts of the south-eastern area of this park were once used for military training and may contain unexploded artillery shells. These areas have restrictions in place for your safety.
Park entry fees:
Fitzroy Falls: $4 per vehicle per day. Bundanoon area: $8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines - cash and cards accepted.Buy annual pass
Things to do (21)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (3)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (2)
- Historic heritage (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (1)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (5)
- Sightseeing (15)
- Swimming (1)
- Walking (11)
- Waterfalls (3)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (3)