Applies from Wed 1 Jun 2022, 9.58am to Tue 6 Dec 2022, 10.00am. Last reviewed: Thu 2 Jun 2022, 1.33pm
Other planned events: Notice of 1080 aerial and ground baiting program
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service (NPWS) is conducting ongoing aerial and ground baiting programs in:
- Ramornie National Park
- Bagul Waajaarr Nature Reserve
- Bindarri National Park
- Cascade National Park
- Chaelundi National Park and State Conservation Area
- Cunnawarra National Park
- Dorrigo National Park
- Dunggir National Park
- Gumbaynggirr State Conservation Area
- Jobs Mountain Nature Reserve
- Mount Hyland Nature Reserve and State Conservation Area
- New England National Park
- Ngambaa Nature Reserve
- Nymboi-Binderay National Park
- Serpentine Nature Reserve
- Carrai National Park and State Conservation Area
- Pee Dee Nature Reserve
- The Castles Nature Reserve
- Werrikimbe National Park
- Willi Willi National Park
From 06/06/2022 to 06/12/2022
Aerial Baiting is scheduled for 06/06/2022 to 10/06/2022
The operation will use 1080 (sodium fluoroacetate) poison for the control of wild dogs and foxes.
The program is designed to minimise predator impacts on wildlife, especially threatened species, and to minimise impact of wild dogs on neighbouring stock.
Signs will be placed at the entry to the baiting location. Domestic pets are not permitted in NSW National Parks managed lands. Pets and working dogs may be affected (1080 is lethal to cats and dogs). Pets and working dogs must be restrained or muzzled in the vicinity and must not enter the baiting location. In the event of accidental poisoning seek immediate veterinary assistance.
Please contact the local NPWS Clarence area office on 02 6645 1500, the Coffs Coast area office on 02 6650 0900 or the Hastings/Macleay area office on 02 6588 5555.
Affects 4 parks nearby.