The Green Gully track
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
Make a booking to experience fern-lined gullies, high elevation forests and wildlife along the Green Gully track. Stay in heritage huts for a break from this challenging multi-day hike.
- Oxley Wild Rivers National Park
- 65km loop
- Time suggested
- 4 - 5 days
- Grade 5
Minimum 2 people at $300 for 5 nights. Additional people at $150 each.
- Book online now or contact the Walcha office on (02) 6777 4700.
- To book online, select first night only and leave number of nights as default (1). Your booking starts at Cedar Creek Cottage, with the walk starting the next day.
- The track takes 4 days to complete. You'll be sent a confirmation with your track itinerary for 5 nights from your start date
- To secure your booking, a $300 payment is required. This is non-refundable, but may be transferred once only.
- Bookings will not be transferred to another date with less than 4 weeks notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All bookings require a completed Group Confirmation Form which is emailed with your booking details, and final payment at least 4 weeks prior to your walk.
- Find out more about the terms and conditions for booking a walk on The Green Gully track
- Please note
- You will stay in 5 huts over your 4 day walk, starting at Cedar Creek Cottage, followed by Birds Nest Hut, Green Gully Hut, Colwells Hut and finishing up at Cedar Creek Lodge.
- You'll need to be fit and prepared for long, sometimes arduous walking over 4 days. The track is 65km and often steep, with a 900m descent on day 2, a walk through creek beds on day 3 and a 600m climb out on day 4.
- After you book, a comprehensive list of required gear and directions will be provided as part of your information pack.
- We recommend that only people over 12 years of age attempt the track
- This park is in a remote location, so please ensure you are thoroughly prepared, take appropriate clothing and equipment, and advise a family member or friend of your travel plans.
The Green Gully track, part of the World Heritage-listed Oxley Wild Rivers National Park, is an adventurous 65km walk. This award-winning walking track is one of the best in NSW, and takes you on a unique journey deep into the Apsley-Macleay gorges, one of the largest gorge systems in Australia.
The only way to experience the inspiring views, dramatic gorges and abundant wildlife is to book a self-guided walk.
On the four day Green Gully track, you’ll traverse fern-lined gullies, crystal-clear mountain streams, high-elevation forests as well as towering rocky outcrops. You’ll share some of the terrain with endangered brush-tailed rock wallabies, soaring wedge-tailed eagles, and native marsupial mice.
Uniquely, there is no need to carry a tent as you’ll stay in restored stockman huts along the way. Fitted with the essentials like beds, rainwater, solar-lighting, non-flush toilets and cooking equipment within each hut, these huts will greet the weary walker at the end of each day.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Saving our Species is an innovative conservation program in NSW. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- Walcha office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.
- 02 6777 4700
- 0428 345 789 After hours emergency
- 188W North Street, Walcha NSW 2354
- in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Oxley Wild Rivers National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Three areas in Oxley Wild Rivers National Park have day use fees: Halls Peak campground, Riverside campground and picnic area, and Youdales campground.
Vehicle entry fee is $20 or $12 for concession or NPWS annual pass holders. Fees not applicable if you're paying campground fees.Buy an annual pass.
- Armidale office
02 6738 9100
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm.
- 145 Miller Street, Armidale NSW 2350
- Email: email@example.com
- Armidale office