The Drip walking track
All the practical information you need to know about The Drip walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
1hr - 1hr 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Short steep hills
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
The Drip is in Goulburn River State Conservation Area, on the extreme western boundary of Goulburn River National Park. To get there from Mudgee:
- Drive around 50km north from Mudgee on Ulan-Cassilis Road.
- Pass by the Ulan and Moolarben coal mines and drive for another 10km.
- Look for the turn-off sign for The Drip, just north of the Ulan mine precinct towards the Golden Highway.
- All weather
Parking is off Ulan-Cassilis Road in The Drip carpark. Limited parking is available, and there are also spaces for caravans and small buses. Not suitable for large coaches.
Note: Ulan-Cassilis Road is a 100km/hr road. Take care when entering and leaving The Drip carpark. Avoid parking on Ulan-Cassilis Road, as it is very dangerous to cross.
- These facilities are available at the carpark only.
- There’s seating along the track if you want to stop and rest.
- Drinking water is not available. It's a good idea to bring your own drinking water.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
The Drip walking track is not wheelchair-accessible. The carpark and picnic area are wheelchair-accessible.
- Mudgee office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4:30pm.
- 02 6370 9000
- 27 Inglis Street, Mudgee NSW 2850
- in Goulburn River National Park in the Country NSW region
Goulburn River National Park is always open, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.